World Languages Education Resources
Please visit the Educational Curriculum Center for additional resources.
- New York City
- A link to the city Dept. of Education with resources and support for teaching world languages.
- New York State
- A link to the state standards and resources for bilingual education and foreign language teaching.
- Kraus Curriculum Development Library
- A searchable online collection of curricula from all over the country. Most (1983–2000) are available in microfiche format, but, with the 20th edition (2001), many curricula are available full text online (some earlier materials are being made available full text). If the curriculum is not available full-text, the document number of the fiche is given and can be located in the Education Curriculum Center (ECC) on the first floor of Rosenthal Library (Room 109B). Fiche reader/printers in the adjoining Media Center are available to take notes and photocopy.
- Abstracts of scholarly journal articles, citations to book reviews; abstracts of research studies called documents (books, dissertations, reports, etc.).
- MLA International Bibliography
- Citations to scholarly journal articles, book essays, conference papers, dissertations; covers research on modern language and literature; by the Modern Language Association (MLA).
- Applied Linguistics
- Applied Psycholinguistics
- from 2001 to 1 year ago in ProQuest Research Library
- 1980–1994 P37 A75
- Canadian Modern Language Review
- Foreign Language Annals
- French Review
- 1927 to 1998 in JSTOR Arts and Sciences III Collection and JSTOR Language & Literature Collection
- From 06/01/2002 to present in Academic OneFile and Literature Resource Center
- From 1926 to 2006 in JSTOR Arts and Sciences III Collection and JSTOR Language & Literature Collection
- From 03/01/2012 to present in Education Research Complete
- v.1 (1924)-v.38 (1961) in Microfilm (Media Center)
- v.39 (1962)- PC1068 U618
- Journal of the Imagination in Language Learning
- v.1 (1993)-v.5 (2000) P53 .J657 in Queens Book Stacks
- Modern Language Journal
- 3/01/2000 to 6/01/2003 in EBSCOhost EJS
- 10/01/1916 to 1 year ago in Communication & Mass Media Complete
- 1916 to 2008 in JSTOR Arts and Sciences III Collection and JSTOR Language & Literature Collection
- 1996 to present in Education Full Text
- 1999 to present in Wiley-Blackwell 2010 Full Collection
- v.1 (1916)-v.86 (2002) in Microfilm (Media Center)
- Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- 1955-1976 PB35 .N65 in Queens Book Stacks
Sets of teacher's annotated editions of textbooks are in a collection just beyond the 4th floor Juvenile Collection. They are arranged by curricular topic, assigned a number, and then alphabetical by publisher. Each publisher set is then arranged in grade order and numbered, if there are additional pieces (lab manuals, chapter supplements, assessments, Spanish language supplements, etc.). The most relevant textbook ranges for Languages are:
- MERLOT: Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning & Online Teaching
- The World Language portal of MERLOT features many free, peer reviewed online resources to enhance language teaching.
- UCLA Language Materials Project
- Authentic teaching materials for less commonly taught languages