|Books & scores||6 weeks (students)
120 days (faculty and graduate students)
|Reserve items||2 hours|
|Circ CD||7 days|
|Schwarz CD||7 days|
You must have a campus photo ID with a current validation sticker or valid CUNYCard to borrow materials.
Due dates are stamped into each book on or near the page facing the rear cover of books and scores. Circulating CDs have due dates stamped on the back of the CD case. iPods and laptops due dates are given on the contract.
- All patrons, both students and all CUNY faculty, are responsible for any fees incurred.
- Book, score, and circulating CD overdue fines are $.25 per item per day, including days when the library is closed. The maximum overdue fine is $25. Replacement fees are $35 per item plus a $10 processing fee and a $10 billing fee. Processing fee and overdue fine for billed item(s) still apply even if books are returned.
- Reserve materials. Reserve items are charged HOURLY overdue fines at $6.00 per hour with a maximum fine of $100.00.
- iPods. Overdue fines for iPods are $30 per day for the iPod and $30 per day for the charger. Replacement iPod replaced fees are the current actual price of a new iPod and/or charger similar to the loaned iPod in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
- Laptops. Overdue fines for laptops are $30 per hour for the laptop and $30 per hour for each item associated to the laptop. Replacement laptop replaced fees are the current actual price of a new laptop and/or charger, bag, and mouse similar to the loaned laptop in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
- Suspension of Borrowing Privileges. Any item overdue for more than seven (7) days will result in a suspension of borrowing privileges until item is returned or renewed. Patrons with over $5 in fines will lose their borrowing privileges until their fines are paid.
Borrowers may renew books and scores one additional time in person or online. CDs, DVDs, all recordings, and reserve materials cannot be renewed. To renew books, scores, or recordings from the Music Library in person, the materials must be presented at the time of renewal. iPods must be checked out, renewed and/or returned in person at least an hour before the library closes. Laptops must be checked out or renewed in person at least 2 hours before the Music Library closes and returned at least one hour before the Music Library closes.
You may renew your materials online through the “My Account” feature of the CUNY Catalog, CUNY’s online catalog. Just click on the “My Account” link on this page, or click on the “My Account” on the CUNY Catalog homepage. Once in “My Account” enter your library number (the barcode on the back of your Queens College ID) as your login name and password.
You may return items at the circulation desk. It is best to return items directly to the staff. When the Library is closed, you can place materials in the depository located outside the Library’s main entrance.