Finding Resources from Other Libraries
- Use the “search all CUNY libraries” function on the CUNY Catalog.
- If you find the item you need, click on its campus location.
- To have the item delivered to the Queens College main library, click on “Request” and follow the instructions. The book should arrive in 24 to 48 hours. You will be notified via email when it has arrived. For more information go to the Queens College CLICs web page.
To find out what libraries hold a particular item, use WorldCat.
- Go to the Music Library homepage and click on “WorldCat” in the “Databases” menu.
- Type in your search terms. If you are looking for materials on Beethoven folksong settings, use “Beethoven folksongs.”
- On the results screen, scroll through the listings or select the format you need.
- Click “Libraries Worldwide” to see what libraries own the item.
- You can either visit the library yourself or request the item be delivered to Queens College through InterLibrary Loan.
Go to the ILL webpage or click on “InterLibrary Loan” on the “Services” menu of the Queens College Libraries homepage.
- Logon to ILLiad. If you do not have an ILLiad account, follow the directions to create one. NOTE: You must have a Queens College email address to open an ILLiad account.
- Click on the appropriate request form. Fill it out completely using information from WorldCat and submit. You will be notified by email when the item arrives.