Asking for Help
If the answer to your question is not listed below, then please use the following to ask for help:
- To make a general inquiry or to ask a research question: Ask a Librarian
- To contact someone directly: Faculty & Staff Directory
- To talk to someone: (718) 997-3700
Questions About Library Services
- How do I login with my laptop?
- You need a wireless card to connect to the campus network and the Internet, and a QC computer account to access library resources. Information about using the campus network can be found at OCT's Wireless Page. This includes information about configuration settings.
- How can I access my e-mail account?
- Use the Student Web Mail Access.
- How do I get a Blackboard account?
- Go to the The BlackBoard Course Management System.
- Do you have scanners?
- Library scanners are located on Level One and on Level Two in the Media Center.
- Do you have fax machines?
- The Copy Center at the Student Union has fax machines.
- What is the CUNY portal?
- The CUNY portal is a gateway to all things CUNY: College websites, information about applying to CUNY, registering for classes, events, campus directories, etc. For more information visit the CUNY portal site.
- Where are the public phones?
- You can find public phones in the Libary Lobby.
- Where can I find a place to eat on the weekends?
- There are snack machines in the Lobby of Level Two. The Library Café is open from 9AM to 3PM on Saturday only. You also can find some restaurants on Kissena Blvd. within walking distance.
- Where is the Bookstore?
- The Queens College Bookstore is in the basement of the Student Union. Their phone number is (718) 997-3573.