Queens College Government Documents Collection
Queens College Library has an extensive collection of government information resources in paper, microfiche and electronic formats. The library has been a selective federal depository library since 1939 and selects approximately 35% of the items available through this program. Records for most materials received since 1985 can be found in the CUNY Catalog. Consult the Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (Ref. Abstract Index Area, 3rd floor) to identify material not included in the CUNY Catalog.
Queens has also been a depository for New York State publications since the 1950s and a full microfiche depository since 1989. Microfiche production was phased out and the library now receives only a small quantity of reference and other titles in paper. Most New York State documents are available in electronic form and can be located through the New York State Library Catalog or the New York State Government Information Locator Service.
So that the Library can assist you in finding the Depository items you need, please call the Borrowing desk ahead of time at (718) 997-3702 to schedule an appointment.
Locations of U.S. Government Documents in Rosenthal Library
- Documents Collection—Level 3
- Paper documents arranged by Superintendent of Documents call number (CUNY Catalog location: Queens Documents).
- Microfiche Documents—Level 3
- Microfiche documents arranged by Superintendent of Documents call number (CUNY Catalog location: Documents Microfiche).
- CD-ROM, Media Center—Level 1
- CD-ROM documents arranged by Superintendent of Documents call number (CUNY Catalog location: Media Ctr. Documents).
- Periodicals—Level 1
- Periodicals shelved with main periodicals collection by Library of Congress call number (CUNY Catalog location: Queens Periodicals Stacks or Queens Microform-Microfiche Periodicals). Microfilm periodicals filed with other microfilm periodicals arranged by title (CUNY Catalog location: Media Center Microfilm Periodicals).
- Reference Collection—Level 3
- Books shelved with main reference collection arranged by Library of Congress call number (CUNY Catalog Reference or Desk Reference).
For assistance in locating government documents in the Library, ask at the Information Desk on Level 3.
For assistance in selecting or using Governments Documents, contact our Library's Research Services.
Federal Government Information
Major Federal Gateways
- FDsys: GPO's Federal Digital System: New platform to find U.S. Government publications
- GPO ACCESS
- University of Michigan Documents Center
Search Engines and Guides to Federal Sources
- Frequently Used Sites Related to U.S. Federal Government Information (from Vanderbilt University)
- GPO Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (MOCAT)
- GODORT: Frequently Used Sites Related to Government Information
Legislation, Regulations, and Court Cases
- GPO ACCESS
- Legal Information Institute (from Cornell University)
- LexisNexis Academic
State and City Government Information
- The New York State Homepage
- New York State Government Information Locator Service
- New York State Library Homepage
- NYC.GOV, the official New York City homepage
- New York City Documents (from Columbia University)
- State and Local Government on the Net
- Country Studies (from the Library of Congress)
- Foreign Governments (from Northwestern University)
- International Agencies and Information on the Web (from University of Michigan)
- United Nations Home Page
- U.S. Department of State Home Page
- U.S. Department of State, Archive (prior to Jan. 20, 2001)
- Constitution Finder (from University of Richmond)
- Census Bureau
- American FactFinder
- InfoNation (United Nations)
- LexisNexis Statistical
- Statistical Resources on the Web (from University of Michigan)
Tax Forms & Publications
Other Interesting Sites
- Maps (from University Texas at Austin)
- Patents (from New York Public Library)
- Ready Reference Sources (from Columbia University)
For more information contact:
Dr. Robert Shaddy