Rosenthal Library has four teaching spaces with networked PCs configured especially for the Library's instructional program. Faculty may request to use these spaces on a limited basis for classroom instruction (see item 3, below). In addition, there is a seminar room (444) without PCs that may be requested for scheduling classes. This classroom is not scheduled by the Registrar but by the Library Instructional Services Office (718-997-3747).
Librarian Led Instruction
Faculty interested in Librarian led instruction should contact the Instructional Services Office (718-997-3747) a minimum of two weeks beforehand, to schedule a session.
Classroom Priority Use
Classrooms are to be used exclusively for instruction with this priority:
- The Library's credit courses
- Library instruction to QC undergraduate and graduate classes (arranged through the Library's Instructional Services Office, 718-997-3747)
- Library workshops for students and faculty
- Library staff and faculty training
- Classes taught by QC faculty
- Townsend Harris High School classes
- Classes/workshops for external groups but arranged for by QC faculty or administration
QC Faculty Use Policy
- Faculty interested in booking a classroom for faculty led instruction should contact the Instructional Services Office (718-997-3747) a week beforehand, to schedule a session. The office will schedule a class in any of the classrooms it deems most appropriate and available.
- Queens College academic courses requiring one or two-time use of a computer classroom may schedule a class, provided the time does not conflict with the Library's regular schedule. Call the Library's Instructional Services Office (718-997-3747) or check the Library's calendar for room availability. Such classes should call no earlier than a week before the intended date. No classes are to be scheduled in the Library's classrooms on a routine basis as a substitute for a Registrar-assigned class space.
- Classes/workshops sponsored by a QC faculty member when the Library is not open require special arrangements with the Library and Security. A Library Systems staff person must be available at all such times, for which there is an hourly fee that must be paid by the sponsoring department/organization.
Computer Use Guidelines
The Library adheres to the same guidelines established by the City University of New York, on issues related to acceptable use of computer resources.
Policies Specific to Classroom 101A
- Classroom 101A is not to be considered a site for an entire other-than- Library, course, nor is it to be considered a computer lab for drop-in student/faculty/staff use. Any use of this room must be done via reservation with the Instructional Services Office who oversees it, by calling 718-997-3747.
- Room 101A is equipped with SMARTBoard technology. Users must be knowledgeable about the use of this technology. First time users of 101A must schedule a brief training session with the Instructional Services Office before use.
- Library Systems staff may be able to load course specific software if sufficient time and information is given. If additional software or hardware is needed for a class, notice must be given at time of reservation and the software supplied at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled class. All software must be virus checked. Virus bearing software will not be loaded.
- The Library strictly enforces proper use of its equipment. Misuse of College information systems is prohibited including developing, modifying, or distributing any virus or virus-like software that will interfere with the normal operation of any information technology resource located at the College or elsewhere (see: Policies Governing Use of QC Information Technology).
No food or beverages are allowed in any Library classroom.
Classroom Equipment, Projection, & Software
|101A||31||30 student stations; SMARTBoard is instructor's station; Networked printer||SMARTBoard||Library suite, including CUNY Catalog and MS/Office, JAWS assistive technology on station 15|
|223||30+||1 Instructor's station only||yes||Library suite, including CUNY Catalog and MS/Office|
|225||28+||23 student stations; 1 instructor's station||yes||Library suite, including CUNY Catalog and MS/Office|
|331||13||9 student stations; 1 instructor's station||yes||Library suite, including CUNY Catalog and MS/Office|
For more details regarding equipment, projection and software listed above, please call the Library's System Office: 718-997-3742.