Complex Analysis and Dynamical Systems Student Seminar
Department of Mathematics, CUNY Graduate Center
Schedule: (Meet Wednesday, 2:30pm – 4:00pm and Friday 10:30am-12noon,Room: 4419)
If you are interested in this seminar and if you have suggestions, please contact with Professor Yunping Jiang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also check our research seminar at http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~zakeri/seminar.html
Fall of 2011 Schedule (Wednesday, 2:30pm-4:00pm, Room 4419)
1. September 14, organizing the schedule and Linda Keen, an informal discussion on topology of entire functions and meromorphic functions and their characterization.
2. September 21, Hengyu Zhou, Teichmuller theory of harmonic maps.
3. September 28, Fred Gardiner, Quadratic differentials with double poles.
4. October 5, Hengyu Zhou, Grating maps.
5. October 12, Yunchun Hu, Hausdorff dimension of non-conformal repellers I.
6. October 19, Move to October 28.
7. October 26, Free discussions.
8. November 2, Michael Beck, Normal families and holomorphic motions.
9. November 9, Evren Ozgur, Teichmuller space of flute surfaces.
10. November 16, Tao Chen, Limiting Thurston maps I.
11. November 23, Sergiy Merenkov, Quasisymmetric uniformization of surfaces.
Abstract: I will discuss recent results on quasisymmetric uniformization
of metric surfaces. I plan to mainly emphasize our recent joint
work with K. Wildrick on quasisymmetric Koebe uniformization,
i.e., a uniformization by circle domains in the sphere.
12. November 30, Oleg Muzician, Continuity of conformally natural extensions of continuous maps.
13. December 7, Gerardo Jimenez, Length spectrum of Riemann surfaces and the Teichmuller metric
14. December 14, Linda Keen, Bending laminations I.
15. December 21, Linda Keen, Bending laminations II.
Fall of 2011 Schedule (Friday, 10:30am-12noon, Room 4419)
16. September 23, Hengyu Zhou, On Kerckhoff’s paper on lamination.
17. October 14, Hengyu Zhou, Summary on recent readings
18. October 28, Yunchun Hu, Hausdorff dimension of non-conformal repellers II.
19. November 11, Michael Shub, Entropy, Homology and the Fundamental Group
20. November 18, Yunchun Hu, Hausdorff dimension of non-conformal repellers III.
21. December 2, Tao Chen, Limiting Thurston maps II.
22. December 9, Zhe Wang, Extreme length estimation I
23. December 16, Zhe Wang, Extreme length estimation II
Past Student Seminar: