Complex Anaysis and Dynamical Systems Student seminar
Department of Mathematics, CUNY Graduate Center
Schedule: (Meets Friday, 10:30am – 12:30pm, Room: 4419)
Spring of 2011 Schedule:
1. Febraury 18, Yunping Jiang, Bounded geometry and characterization of holomorphic maps.
2. Febraury 25, Informal discussion.
3. March 4, Tao Chen, Canonical Thurston obstruction for sub-hyperbolic semi-rational maps.
4. March 11, Zhe Wang, Extremal Annuli On The Sphere
5. March 18, Mike Beck, Holomorphic motions and monodromy
6. March 25, No Schedule (Ahlfors-Bers Conference)
7. April 1, Hengyu Zhou, Brief introduction of the grafting map of Teichmuller space
8. April 8, Oleg Musician, Douady-Earle extension of a continuous map
9. April 15, Yunchun Hu, On dynamics of non-conformal maps.
10. April 22, No Schedule (Spring Recession).
11. April 29, Linda Keen, Generalized Riley slices of parameter spaces of Kleinian groups. Abstract: In this talk we will discuss how to extend the theory of pleating rays for those Kleinian groups in the Riley Slice to groups representing orbifolds. We will show how the dynamics of the boundary of this space can be described by continued fractions. We will also talk about discrete subgroups outside the Riley slice that represent finite volume groups and show how they also correspond to boundary points.
12. May 6, Fred Gardiner, Univalent functions and quadratic differentials.
1. May 13, Gerardo Jimenez, On the Techmuller space of tori
2. May 20, No event
Past Student Seminar: