Applying to the Aaron Copland School of Music
You must complete both of these steps to complete your application to the Aaron Copland School of Music. Don't forget to return to this page for step 2 after you complete step 1.
File your Queens College application.
Graduate Applicants: Applications must include a $125 application fee, official transcripts from your previous colleges or conservatories, three letters of recommendation, and a personal essay.
Undergraduate Application Deadline
- US Citizens and Green Card holders: February 1, 2015
- International Applicants: December 1, 2014
Graduate Application Deadline
- April 1 for the Fall acceptance
- November 1 for the Spring acceptance
Follow the instructions outlined below pertaining to your desired program.
BA, BMus and MusEd
Please note: All students attending ACSM for the first time must take the placement exam for placement into music theory, ear training and history courses.
For any questions, please contact the music office, 718-997-3800.
MM Classical and Certificate
Graduate Certificate and Advanced Diploma for Classical Performance
MM in Jazz Performance
- Contact advisor David Berkman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an audition. Auditions are held at the college throughout the academic year.
MM in Jazz Composition
- Submit scores and recordings of your work. These works must include compositions and arrangements for large (10 or more piece) ensembles. Send your materials to:
David Berkman, Director of Jazz Studies
Aaron Copland School of Music, Queens College
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Queens, NY 11367-1597
MA in Theory/Musicology/Composition
MS in Music Education
Advanced Certificate Program in Music Education
These programs do not have performance auditions, but have additional application requirements. Click on a program below for these requirements.
- MA in Theory/Musicology/Composition
- MS in Music Education
- Music Education: Post-Baccalaureate - Advanced Certificate Program